Home About Contact Home Australia Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

How Washi Tape Helped Me Move

Hi Friends!  We're here!  Exhausted, a bit grumpy and overwhelmed, but we're here.  We've settled into a lovely hotel on the river Thames for a few days while we wait to move into our rental house.  I have so many things to tell you about and not enough time to even organize my thoughts! 

So I thought I would just share one little tip with you:  Washi Tape.  Have you seen this beautiful stuff?  I first read about it on Design Mom and quickly ordered some on etsy.



Each member of the family was assigned a different color/design of washi tape.  I applied the tape to the spines of our passports.  I can't tell you how much time and frustration this saves us going through security and immigration.  No more flipping through passports trying to figure out whose is whose!  I'm sure there is some law about defacing your US passport, but nobody said a thing about it. And that's the kind of girl I am- breaking the law for the sake of organization.

Then I made luggage tags and color coded those with washi tape, too.  We have 11 identical black suitcases (yes, our garage looks like we bought out a bag shop).  Now I can quickly identify which bag I need to open to get to the snacks/sweaters/toys or whatever it is that someone desperately needs at any given moment.  So much easier than unzipping 11 suitcases looking for the right one.

I'm sure there are 100 other uses for this fun tape.  I'm just glad I got my hands on some before our big move.

What do you think?  How would you use washi tape? 
I still have quite a bit left and I'd love some ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny,
    I just got home and was so excited to see you started your new blog. It's way too late here for me to come up with uses for Washi tape, although I'm sure to obsess over it in the next week or 2. I did however have the energy to search Washi Tape on Pinterest... a million uses, so cute. Glad to hear the passport police did not arrest you. Miss you... I may not have talked to you every day that you were home, but it was just the knowing that I could talk to you without counting time zones that makes me miss you more already. Can't wait to hear all about life in London.
    XOXO,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design