Home About Contact Home Australia Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

My Birthday With The Queen

Waiting for The Queen in Windsor Great Park
Today is my birthday, and it is one of the most special birthdays I've had in years.  First and foremost, my amazing sister and brother-in-law are here to celebrate with me.  What a treat!  And to make the day even sweeter, I got a birthday wave from The Queen herself!

Me & the kids enjoying the picnic
My dear friend, Nicole, received car park passes from the Crown Estate to park along a private road in Windsor Great Park.  There, we had a very windy picnic and waited for The Queen to arrive.  Right in front of our picnic spot, she got out of her car and into her waiting carriage.


There she is!
Sadly, the weather prevented them from lowering the top of the carriage.  But that didn't stop her from giving us a beautiful smile and a friendly wave as she passed by.
 
A smile and a wave just for us
How could she resist when this darling girl was standing there, waving the Union Jack and holding up this cute homemade sign?

Her sign reads "It's my mum's birthday"
It was a very happy birthday indeed!

Click here to see the birthday gift I gave myself last year.  I have written in it everyday since then!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jenny! You and my daughter share the day! What a very special memory, so glad you were rewarded with that sweet smile and wave. And enjoy the wonder of family visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a memorable birthday, indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Jenny!! My son came over to read this post cause he just found it too cool, a wave from the queen and your daughter' sign ..:-)
    Am headed over to Amazon to buy a copy of your birthday gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, friends! May, I think you will love that journal. Now that I am starting year 2 I am really enjoying looking back at what I did/thought last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great birthday memory! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design